About Trinity Texas
Trinity was founded in 1872 on land purchased from the New York and Texas Land Company. The town was a railroad station on the Houston and Great Northern Railroad.
The town was originally named Trinity Station after the Trinity River. The name of the town was later changed to Trinity City, then to Trinity. The town was incorporated in 1910.